It's definitely getting chilly, which means time to bring out the blankets and turn on the heater. However, whether it's due to spotty building heating or trying to be a bit more frugal with the monthly power bill, a space heater can be not only the more energy efficient option, but the faster way to warm up a room...
1. DeLonghi Digital Oil-Filled Radiator:
While space heaters start heating up right away, oil-filled radiators take a bit longer to generate a good amount of heat. However, they tend to diffuse heat for longer in a somewhat safer manner. The oil in this heater radiator is sealed, so it won't need any replacing. There are safety features that stop it from overheating. It's also quiet, so it won't be a problem to fall asleep. It sells for $84.95 from DeLonghi
2. Honeywell HZ-385BP Digital Tower Ceramic Heater: This ceramic heater has got an IR sensor that will shut it off when an object gets too close. It oscillates, so that it can heat up a whole room. If it's tipped over, it switches off. It sells for $109.95 from Honeywell.
3. Lasko 6450 Full Circle Warmth Ceramic Heater
This ceramic heater is on a pedestal, and comes with a remote control. It will sweep your room in 90 degrees, 170 degrees or 360 degrees. It sells for $59.99 on Amazon
4. Dyson AM04:
This space heater is a lot more expensive than any other we've seen, but if you've ever used one, you can see how energy efficient it can be. The main drawback is that it is very loud, loud enough to wake you from sleep once it turns on to heat up your room. It sells for $399.99 from Dyson
5. Best Space Heaters for 2012: Check out our annual guide to some of the best space heaters available right now.
MORE SPACE HEATERS ON APARTMENT THERAPY
• The Best Space Heaters from ConsumerSearch
• 5 Space Heater Safety Tips
• Super Quiet Wall Mounted Space Heaters