As a style, minimalism doesn't suit everyone, but as a philosophy we think it makes some important points about the benefits of living with less. If there's one place in the home to implement this idea, it's the bedroom. To create a calm and restful environment, decluttering is key. For inspiration, we've rounded up a few examples of spare and simple bedrooms from our house tours...
The rooms shown above all share a clutter-free aesthetic, with a focus on the basic elements of a functional bedroom: comfortable bed, reading light, alarm clock, pillows, and maybe a rug or reading chair if there's room. Although this bare bones approach to decorating might not be for everyone, it's an interesting way to think about how simplicity can create a calming space.
• 1 Dominic's Vintage Gold Coast Gem
• 2 Jacob and Laurie Do It Themselves in West Ridge
• 3 Amy's Vintage Modern Nest
• 4 Kathleen and Alex's Guest-Ready Condo
• 5 Tanis and Terry's Workman's Cottage
• How To: Declutter the Bedroom
• 10 Ways to Clean the Bedroom
• 12 Steps to Deep Clean the Bedroom
• How to Create Calm: Inspiration from Atlanta Bartlett's Serene Interiors
• 14 Ways to Spruce Up the Bedroom Before Buying Anything New