If you have a weakness for super-specific silver and a love of presentation, the holidays are the perfect time to bust out your awesome- if rarely used- serving pieces. And if you don't happen to have a cranberry spoon or cookie tongs on hand, they can often be found for under $20...
Images: 1. lisabretrostyle2, 2. TheOldRedHen 3. OpheliaVintageHome, 4. The Lazy Peacock, 5. Foxing, 6. OmasFarmhouse
- I received a pair of salad tongs like these as a gift- I believe they were found at an antique mall- and love using them at parties as ice tongs. The booze may not be top-shelf but the tongs class everything up. They are also great for serving salad, of course.
- A pretty deco ladle for gravy or soup- so elegant!
- Slotted spoons like this one are sometimes referred to as "cranberry spoons", perfect for Thanksgiving.
- A couple friends use similar pastry tongs to serve their guests slices of cake, and the act is endearing.
- Homemade pie certainly deserves to be presented with great fanfare on a gorgeous pie server.
- How have I made it this long without cookie tongs? Even if the cookies at the potluck or buffet are store bought, guests will feel special helping themselves with this pretty piece.