We're always in a constant battle for storage but there are some things that are always worth the space they take up. Keeping these items on hand will save you headaches time and time again. Want to know what's in our closets?
1. Emergency supplies — Keeping a stock of water, flashlight batteries, first aid supplies and some cash will give you peace of mind that you'll be ready to handle any tough situation that may arise. That's more than worth the chunk of closet space they spend.
2. Toilet paper — Yep, those mega packs do take up a lot of closet real estate but think about the alternative. Can you say "drip dry?" Worth it.
3. Your paint color — The day will come when you'll have to touch up or color match your paint job, so keeping an extra quart of your chosen color will save you tons of hassle later on.
4. Extra sheets — When you're drop-dead tired, have a last minute couch surfer or have a pet or kid accident on your hands, the last thing you want to do is a load of laundry. You'll never be mad at yourself for investing in a few extra sets of sheets.
5. A generic gift — With the holidays approaching, buying, wrapping and storing a one-size-fits-all gift will ensure that you avoid the oh, so awkward instance of a neighbor or acquaintance dropping by with a holiday gift for you when you have nothing to offer in return.
Tell us, what are you storage space-be-damned must haves?
Re-edited from a post originally published 10.15.2014-NT