You know what's pretty romantic? Candlelight. Especially when it smells divine and comes in a chic vessel. If you've been wanting to invest in a little fragrance pick-me-up, do it now and enjoy it with your Valentine.
You won't find any pumpkin pie spice here, these scents are complex and layered with different notes, much like expensive perfume. And they're not just for the ladies, there are plenty of scents that men can appreciate too. Dark rum, anyone? Notes of leather and black pepper?
Unlike cheaper varieties, candles made of vegetable waxes (rather than petroleum) burn cleaner and let you smell scent, not smoke. Sure, they're pricy, but with their many hours of burning time, your enjoyment will also last and last (and leave you with a pretty container to repurpose).
• Molton Brown Black Pepper from Neiman Marcus
• D.L.&Co Angels Trumpet Candle
• Le Labo Figue 15 from Lucky Scent
• Malin+Goetz Dark Rum candle
• Jo Malone Grapefruit from Neiman Marcus
• Diptyque Baies
• Cire Trudon Manon from Avenue 32
• Voluspa Gogi Tarocco Orange
Find out more: What Can a Scented Candle Do for You?
(Images: As linked above)