American style is as varied and multi-facted as Americans themselves (which makes trying to wrangle such a huge topic just as interesting, surprising and challenging as we are as a people, as well!). This month, we're taking a deeper look at some classically (and maybe even wildly) American interiors, furniture and design styles - here's a selection from our first week of posts on the topic:
• American Style Through the Decades: The Seventies
• Style Icon: Benjamin Franklin, America's First Celebrity
• Classic American Style: Pop Art!
• Style Guide: Federal-Style American Furniture
• Design Bookshelf: 16 Books on American Style