Josef Frank fabrics and wallpaper have been an obsession of mine for awhile now. They have extremely colorful, vibrant, free-flowing and organic patterns inspired by Frank's love of botany. The unique patterns seem to buck against the other linear and grid-like design aesthetics that were happening at the time of their design.
Companies such as IKEA and Pottery Barn have fabrics that were clearly inspired by Josef Frank but I still covet the orginals.
One of my favorite quotes about home design/decorating is from Josef Frank.
"The home does not have to be planned out in detail, just put together by pieces its inhabitants love."
Images: 1 &2 Hus&Hem, 3 —7 Skona Hem,8 via Snakk, 9 via Desire to Inspire, 10 via expressen, 11 via inspiral, 12 via Desire to Inspire, 13 Deisgn*Sponge
MORE JOSEF FRANK
• High & Low: Finding the Look of Josef Frank Fabric for Less
• Josef Frank's Carpet Roundup
• Serafina Pattern from Pottery Barn Emulates Josef Frank
• Klippan Sofa Emulates Josef Frank
• Marketplace: Just Scandinavian
• Inspiration: DIY Decoupage Furniture