The birds might have already been a-chirping for some time now, the green buds already appearing, but that doesn't mean our Spring cleaning is all done! Especially not when you live with mess monsters of your own year round. Here are a handful of Spring cleaning tasks, that make an especially big difference to households with kids.
1. Wipe down your walls. Move systematically around the house at the height of your kids, and scrub those walls. Especially doorways! You might not see it every day, but it's amazing what little fingers can do. Water on a sponge should be enough, for tougher jobs include some mild detergent. Those walls will thank you by being sparkling and fresh!
2. Clean your dining chairs. You know how dirty the floor gets when toddlers eat dinner? Your chairs are getting dirty too. Time to take each one out and have a good look at them. The back, the undersides. Save yourself from that awkward moment at the next dinner party when a guest's fingers find themselves brushing against a half eaten cheesestick. Get rid of it now!
3. Clear out your medicine cabinet. Family's find themselves with a lot more prescriptions than singles, and it's easy to lose track of old ones that might linger too long at the back of the cupboard. Go through and throw out anything that is not current. While you're at it, make sure that the cabinet continues to be out of reach of your growing kids. It's just good safety sense.
4. Soak the bath toys. Bath toys - they get so gross, don't they? But they can be cleaned. Try a soak in a vinegar solution for a bath-toy refresher. If that doesn't work (thinking particularly of the "squirty" toys that are notoriously difficult to clean) this Spring might be a good time to find some new toys for bath time.
5. Door handles. This should be part of your regular cleaning routine, but if you've been slacking or have forgotten now is the time to step up and clean your handles which are not only germy, but can get sticky and grimy from little hands.
Are you a Spring cleaning Mom or Dad? What are your must-do tasks around the family home? Share them below!