Steer clear of chemical-laden air fresheners and instead turn to these tips that will make your home smell like spring.
• Open the windows. After a winter of keeping 'em shut, and providing allergies aren't an issue of course), open the windows and let the fresh air start off your spring cleaning.
• Bring sprigs of flowering plants indoors (the ones you're not allergic to, that is). We love a few mountain laurel blooms in a vase, and jasmine and honeysuckle are right around the corner.
• Enjoy citrus. Eat the fruit and then try some of these methods for using citrus around the home.
• Light an all-natural, soy or beeswax, lead-free candle in a springtime scent like bay leaf, tomato leaf, eucalyptus, citrus, meyer lemon, and more.
• Clean the sheets (and couch cushions and pillow covers and dog beds for that matter)! Opt for an all-natural lavender or eucalyptus scented detergent and then top it off with line-drying in the sun or drying it with a homemade dryer sheet.
• Make your own chemical-free homemade air freshener: an easy and effective recipe can be found here.
• Line the closets and drawers with sachets of lavender. You'll feel more relaxed, and all your linens will smell ready for spring.
Do you have a favorite springtime scent you wish you could bring inside?