Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Austin, TX
- Inspiration for my palette:
- I started out with the artwork hanging above my bed. I liked the restful, whimsical feel the piece had, even with its saturated colors, in particular the bright red. As someone who enjoys bold color choices, when I found the aqua table lamp set, I knew I had my palette together. The room really began to form from there.
- Colors used in my room
- Primarily reds and aqua blues with some gold accents.
- Tips for using color successfully
- While I let my beginning inspiration pieces lead the color direction of my room, I think it's important not to set too many rules. Not to get too matchy-matchy. It's nice to throw those finds in that don't necessarily fit under the color umbrella but still fit with the overall feeling. They add dimension but will still be somewhat anchored in by those initial color choices you make.
- Royal Ruby Bohemia
See all entries