How do your interiors stack up...when it comes to stacks? Books, that is! We're huge fans of using books as a decorative element, and if recent Apartment Therapy house tours are any indication, this is a commonality between many folks who love design.
We've got four in our bedroom, two on our coffee table, another one on a credenza and even one stack of books on a bench in the entryway. Perusing through recent tours, folks are stacking books high and low, on trunks, fireplaces, shelves, chairs, the floor, tables and more. One tends to wonder...are all these stacks for the look, or because of a lack of bookshelf space? (For us it's totally both.) Our favorite top ten stacks we've recently spotted in Apartment Therapy house tours:
1) Laura & Megan's Bright Vintage Inspired Apartment
2) Jason & Marisa's Wonderfully Woodsy Dallas Home
3) Stefanie & Mike's Heavenly Hollywoodland Home
4) Miguez and K.D.'s Cozy Cottage with Vintage Flair
5) Christopher & Javier's "Mid-C Techno-Industrial" Loft
6) Rodellee's Tiny Vintage Studio
7) Tim Campbell's Custom California Home
8) Haley & Ted's Bright White Cottage
9) Michael's "Comfortable Modern" Rowan Building Loft
10) Christina & Corey's Crafty Take on a Courtyard Apartment
More about stacks of books:
Using Books to Create Shelves
Inspiration: Stacking and Displaying Books
Roundup: Books on the Floor
How Do You Stack Your Books?
Where do you weigh in on the subject of stacked books?
Images: 1,4,5,6,8,10: Bethany Nauert; 2: Jason; 3: Gregory Sparks; 7: Karyn Millet; 9: Evan Koester