Since I keep my salt and pepper mills out on the counter so I can use them easily while I cook, I like them to look nice. My pepper mill fell apart the other day, so I'm on the hunt for a new set. These stainless steel accented ones are catching my eye.
1. Cole & Mason Derwent Stainless Steel Adjustable Salt and Pepper Mills from Crate and Barrel feature view-through acrylic and ceramic mechanisms and adjustable pre-set grind settings. $39.95 each.
2. Stainless Steel Salt and Pepper Mill with a two-in-one style, from World Market, $19.99.
3. Cole & Mason Oslo Salt and Pepper Mills, a Williams-Sonoma exclusive, are available with or without monogramming. Adjustable grinding with ceramic cutting mechanism. $49.95 each.
4. Trudeau Graviti Electric Salt and Pepper Mills, very highly reviewed at Williams-Sonoma. Battery-operated grinders turn on automatically when mill is inverted. $39.95 each.
5. The Oxo Salt and Pepper Grinder Set is well thought-out: It stands flat for refilling, and its design won't leave messes on counters or tables. $49.99 for the set.
6. Cole and Mason Kew 2 in 1 Electronic Salt and Pepper Mill offers the convenience of a two-in-one mill with beautiful and durable Cole and Mason design. $42.56 on Amazon.
Do you have a favorite you recommend? What do you love about it? What's important to you in salt and pepper mills?
(Image credits: Crate and Barrel; World Market; Williams Sonoma; Williams-Sonoma; Oxo; Amazon)