We still remember those standardized testing days in April so well. Our mom would let us wear a special necklace for good luck. Well, Katie, who is home schooling her daughter, created this fun little kit for her daughter's testing days.
Katie writes: "When I was a child, I actually enjoyed standardized test days. It was a change from the regular classroom routine and I liked the nice rows of clean dot answers. I created a little kit to make standardized testing more of a break from the regular routine and fun for her, and I think it could be a useful idea for school parents as well, as something to send along to school. "
Here's what Katie included in the kit:
• 3 sticks of gum (1 for each day); teachers say this helps burn off nervous energy before the test
• 3 new fun sharpened pencils (1 for each day); number 2 of course!
• 1 pencil sharpener
• 1 fun eraser for mistakes
• 1 pack of tissues for sniffles
• "Quiet Please! Testing in Progress" sign to hang on our door
• 3 sheets of congrats stickers for when that day's test is done
What a fun way to approach something like standardized testing! Thanks for sharing, Katie.