You know the silly season is just around the corner when well organised relatives start asking what you want for Christmas. We like a mix of practical and whimsical presents, that are easy for those that ask to find – books are perfect. We thought we'd share the start of our design book wishlist and would love to hear what books are on yours. More below.
The bonus of buying books for Christmas presents is that you can order them online and avoid the horror of the shops. Use this list, and suggestions, to start your Christmas shopping early. Do it now people and enjoy the festivities of December without stressing.
Our list so far:
- Flea Market Style by Emily Chalmers. Inspiration and advice for decorating and furnishing your home on a budget with found, thrift store and flea market items.
- Tim Walker Pictures by Tim Walker. Beautiful pictures by whimsical fashion photographer Tim Walker. An perfect coffee table tome.
- To Each His Home: Inspired Interiors as Unique as Their Owners by Bilyana Dimitrova. Photographic tours of 8 very unique and personal homes.
- Jaime Hayon Works by Jaime Hayon. Features works by this very creative designer, including sketches and ideas behind his furniture and sculpture. Lots of pictures.
- The Ultimate House Book: For Home Design in the Twenty-First Century by Terence Conran. We love The House Book from 1974, so we're keen to see how Mr Conran's advice has evolved.
What's on your inspirational books wishlist at the moment? Or can you recommend books other AT readers might like?
[ Image of Harry Allan Books Book Shelf from Design Public]