When it comes to setting up a home, we never forget our first spaces. From our first apartments in college, to our first solo space, to our first time moving in with a significant other, we set out excited, inexperienced and ready to take on each empty space and make it our own. Here are a few first homes from our house tours.
1. Mara & Alex's First Home as a Married Couple: Mara purchased her first house solo, and it became her first home as a newlywed as well.
2. Emily and Meeko's Sunny First Apartment: The newlyweds' cheerful first home together blends their individual styles effortlessly.
3. Ellie's Handmade First Home: A couple's first house is filled with DIY projects and upcycled finds.
4. Alex's Melting Pot of a First Apartment: Alex's first solo apartment is a great example of the freedom of self expression that comes with living alone.
5. Jillian's Snug & Serene Studio: Jillian's first solo apartment is also her workspace, and she creates a place that is at once functional and homey.
6. The Figgle Family's Cozy First Home: This house is filled with love and creativity, the perfect combination for creating a real home.
7. Celesta & Sean's Eclectic (Fun!) First Home: This first house has evolved over the years as it is filled with items that reflect the couple that lives in it.
8. Ben and Joanne's Sweet First Home: These newlyweds don't shy away from color in their first home together.
9. The Gorings' Bright, Inspiring Home & Secret Garden Studio: A couple's first house is made new with a full gut renovation (while they were expecting their first child!).
10. Stacy & Christoph's Classic San Francisco Hilltop Home: This couple's first apartment together is a light-filled space with a city view.
(Images: as linked above)