Although I'm from New York, I've never been to the top of the Empire State Building. And now, living in Los Angeles, it wasn't until friends came to visit me that I took the Universal Studio Tour or went to Disneyland. Many of us have never visited the sites that draw out of town visitors. If travel plans this summer have you stumped, why not be a tourist in your own city? Take Laure's advice and hire someone to clean your home from top to bottom, while you go out and enjoy a day and night on the town. Include some of the places you may have read about here on AT. Here are some links to local travel guides to get you started...
- Travel & Leisure's Guide to Los Angeles
- Hemisphere's Three Perfect Day Guides
- City of Los Angeles Recreation and Tourism Guide
- Lonely Planet's Guide to Los Angeles
- Wikipedia's Overview of Los Angeles, sites and history