My wireless router is more of an exhibitionist than a shrinking violet. Given the location of my cable hook-ups and a few tricky reception spots, that black flashing box has become an unusually prominent feature of my decor. And let's not even mention the tangle of TV cords, the pride of place of my game systems, and the real estate taken up by my printer. But if you're like me and are tired of seeing tech devices everywhere you look, perhaps these few affordable, effective, and sometimes surprising solutions can help you on your way.
We all need (and love) our tech gear, but let's face it, these utilitarian objects are not always attractive, nor do they always fit our design aesthetics. Here are some ways to turn what is often purely utilitarian into a more organic part of your home.
1. How to restyle your wireless router using an old book
2. How to hide your router in decorative boxes
3. How to stash your printer in a dresser drawer
4. How to hide flat-screen TV cords in decorative trim
5. How to make a media console from odds and ends
MORE TECH DISGUISES ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• Stealth Tech Tricks: 5 Ways to Hide Your Wireless Router
• A Few More Ways to Hide Your Flat-Screen TV
• The Best Defense Against Tech Theft: Disguise It!
• Plugbook: Disguise Your Cable Mess in Your Bookshelf
(Images: 1. Anamu via AT, 2. Sweet Sanity Designs, 3. PB&J Stories, 4. Angie in the Thick of It, 5. Kara Paslay Designs via Design*Sponge)