Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- San Francisco, CA
- United States
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- I love the bay windows in my bedroom, so classically San Francisco! I can work at the desk and people watch below and view the beautiful architecture across the street. The room is pretty large, which is great since it is a multifunctional space: a music and design studio, bedroom for two, and a cat's sanctuary from the dog.
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?
- I like having lots of open shelving to display all of my books, magazines, and many little prized possessions. Its easy to keep things organized when you have the things you love most on display. Things I want to hide I put in little storage bins in the closet. The Japanese $1.50 store, Daiso, is my favorite place to get useful small storage items and organizational tools.
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?
- I am very lucky and had my talented dad build some custom furniture to best utilize the space in the room. He made the huge bay window shaped desk that is perfect as a workspace for two. And oddly enough, my favorite piece of furniture in the room is the litter box, because when you first see it, you can't tell what its real use is!
See all entries
More posts in this series
My Bedroom Retreat