- Greensboro, NC
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- I moved into my apartment four years ago and have loved watching it grow into a home, while at the same time getting to know its enchantments and quirks. On warm spring afternoons, I love opening the windows and being charmed by the birds in the neighboring trees. On the coldest days in fall, I love being greeted at the door by the hiss and warmth of the old radiators.
- Biggest Challenge of Living in a Small Space
- The apartment has plenty of daylight coming in through the windows and nice high ceilings so it has never felt like a small space except when it comes to storage. I suspect many would agree that storage is a big challenge in any home. I have two closets which filled up quickly when I moved into the apartment. While in grad school, I used the tiny room between the bathroom and the living room as an office but eventually moved the desk out into the living room and use that tiny room for oddities and wandering items.
- If I am the Grand Prize winner of Small Cool, the item(s) or project(s) from my home design wishlist that I'd like to spend my winnings on are:
- In the wonderful event that I win this contest, I would use the money to purchase a new loveseat or apartment sofa. My current loveseat was a hand-me-down from my grandmother, who purchased the piece over twenty years ago. I would love a beautiful new sofa with english roll arms and turned feet. With any remaining prize money, I would love to have the blue arm chair, another hand-me-down, recovered with a velvet or houndstooth pattern.