- Atlanta, GA
- United States
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- My house was built in 1920 or so to house mill workers for the Fulton County Cotton Mill. The bedroom is pretty much what sold me on my house (other than the kitchen skylights). I love all the original features that the bedroom has such as a tongue and groove ceiling, wood plank walls, and floors. This is the only room that has the original flooring. I'm not sure what type of wood it is... all I know is that it's dark with all kinds of marks and scuffs and I love it! The fireplace is a double sided fireplace which is quite nice, except when the animals use it as a second doorway.
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?
- After you finish wearing / trying on clothes put them back where they belong. Make the bed right after you roll out of it. It only takes a couple of minutes and automatically makes me feel better about the state of my room. Get a pet, they make your house that much warmer.
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?
- I don't have cable because I feel like useless shows suck me in. Instead I choose to read a lot and my bedroom is my favorite place to read. If it's the daytime I am sitting in my chair reading with the window open next to me and at night I prefer laying in bed to read. My cat and dog would rather me be in bed reading so that they can get some snuggle time. Sadly, they don't fit in the chair with me.
More posts in this series
My Bedroom Retreat
You are at the first post.