BetterShelter Location: West Hollywood - Los Angeles, California Size: 1,200 square feet Years lived in: 8 years I met Steve last summer at Dwell on Design and have been following his design work since then. His personal style is defined by vintage pieces, taxidermy, and a love of the ocean, with an eye on what will best complement the surrounding architecture. You have probably seen one of his BetterShelter homes, but few have been inside his own personal home.
- Vintage stove, Antique Stove Heaven
- Built-in dishwasher: Fisher&Paykel
- Built-in counter depth fridge: Sub-Zero
- All kitchen cabinets custom made
- Most doors and latches are original
- All sconces from Dispela Antiques
- Sofa: Mortise & Tenon
- Chairs: flea market
- Dining table: Big Daddy's Antiques
- Built-in bookcases: Greydog Displays
- Bay window from Tony's Architectural Salvage
- Octopus corner lamp: Blackman Cruz
- Interior Swiss Coffee White Behr from Home Depot
- Skinny oak planks stained dark ebony. I did not want to see much grain, so we mixed the stain in with the clear coat to give it a more "painted opaque" look.
- Oriental rug, living room: vintage from Rose Bowl
- The entry path to the front door is made of pre-fab "stones" from Home Depot set into a winding concrete pathway. We curved it to lend itself to the storybook vibe.
- All windows custom by Clouston Windows made with sourced bottle glass
Marcia Prentice) • HOUSE TOUR ARCHIVE: Check out past house tours here. • Interested in sharing your home with Apartment Therapy? Contact the editors through our House Tour Submission Form. • Are you a designer/architect/decorator interested in sharing a residential project with Apartment Therapy readers? Contact the editors through our Professional Submission Form.