Watching traditional skills, like sewing and quilting, get reclaimed and applied in new ways is totally inspiring. Case in point: all the embroidery currently threading its way through today's decor. Here's a look at pillows, wallpaper, bedding and art that are totally killing it in the embroidery department. With neon thread and abstract designs, it's clear they aren't your granny's decor (although I'm sure she would applaud some of the handiwork).
These stitched goods, like the wallpaper by Custhom above, add welcome texture to a room, and provide detail that feels special.
1. Isleta Duvet Cover from Anthropologie
2. Diamond pattern pillow from Judy Ross Textiles
3. Monster quilt by Jillian Tamaki
4. Embroidered chair by Sally Nencini
5. Walk the Line cushion from The Future Perfect
6. Abstract wall hanging by Kate Keara Pelen via Arthound
7. Mexican Otomi Stool from Peter Gilroy
8. Abstract embroidery by Takashi Iwasaki
9. Stone Flower cushion from Scintilla
(Images: as credited above)