If you're expecting house guests this holiday season, there are a few things you can keep on hand to make them as comfortable as possible. And if you're stocked up, you'll be well prepared for any last minute visitors.These are the things I usually like to have ready and waiting when I have out of town visitors. It's by no means a comprehensive list so please leave your own suggestions in the comments below.
• An air mattress stows away easily and is imperative if, like me, you don't own a sleeper couch.
• Spare Sheets to cover the couch (or air mattress) create a clean, comfortable sleep environment.
• Spare pillow and blankets
• A fresh towel
• An extra toothbrush (nothing is worse than forgetting yours).
• Fresh soap, I save the mini bars from hotel stays.
• I like to leave a few maps and city guides in case my guests want to set out on their own, the EatShop Guides are great for local spots.
• Snacks like granola and bottles of water are nice to have on hand for late night snacks without rummaging around and neighborhood expeditions.
• Instructions on how to use the TV, coffee pot, etcetera in your absence are usually appreciated.
Image: Bethany Nauert for Apartment Therapy