Stocking-stuffing is perhaps my favorite of all gift-giving formats: a collection of tiny, fascinating objects, all hidden within a sassy knee-sock? I would love to give stockings for every occasion. But putting together a bunch of magical stockings can get pricy, so why not buy a bunch of awesome objects that come in sets, and spread the wealth?
- These teeny-tiny matchbooks of sticky notes from Kikkerland are so cute- and necessary! If you live in San Francisco, Flax Art on Market sell sets of 4 for $2.
- I love this set of handmade hardwood long-handled tasting spoons at The Curiosity Shoppe, but I don't need 6 of them! I bet I can think of 5 other people who would love one, however.
- These beautifully made Thimble Cups from Pigeon Toe Ceramics are a luxury I would never buy myself, but for $42 for a set of 4 at Rare Device (in-shop only: online they are $12/each), you could treat four of your friends. Or three of your friends, and one for you..
- Everyone needs tape, especially polka-dot tape. These sets of 5 rolls of washi tape from Present&Correct have a nice range of plain/metallic/patterned styles.
- Diane of Maison Bouche makes the prettiest chocolate bars in town, beautifully wrapped and flavored. The Les Petits sets come in "Lait" or "Noir", in flavors like Orange Flower, Bergamot, and Absinthe. $18/dozen.
- I mentioned these felt pop-out ornaments (also available at The Curiosity Shoppe) the other day, but didn't realize until I saw them in person how independently cute each flat piece is. You could divide the set of 20 ornaments amongst your loved ones, tying each felt card with a sweet piece of twine for hanging.
- I've long considered buying The Bitter Truth's Cocktail Bitters Traveler's Set because first of all, it's awesome, and second of all, that's the perfect amount of bitters to buy. I have regular-size bottles of Peychard's, Angostura, and Grapefruit bitters that could last me the rest of my life. My plan is to buy this set of 20mL bottles($20/5 bottles), keep the Celery for myself, and share the other four with cocktail-loving friends.
- While we're mixing cocktails, why not add a splash of some of the finest maple syrups? A set of 4 beautiful bottles for $28, from Terrain.
Images as credited above.