Opening the stockings is my favorite part of Christmas morning. Even though most of the real estate in mine is usually taken up by socks, toothbrushes, and tic-tacs (which, I love — thank you Santa!) it's still a bit of a thrill to reach in and wonder what marvelous thing you might pull out next.
Considering how much I enjoy my stocking full of tic-tacs, I would be downright ecstatic to pull any one of these classic design-inspired trinkets from my stocking!
1. I have coveted a set of these 2008 commemorative Eames Stamps since the US Post Office issued them two years ago. Pop them into a white IKEA frame after the holidays and your cubical will be the envy of the office! A mint condition set of 16 stamps is $27.50 at Mystic Stamp Company. (Full disclosure: I am related to the owner of this company&mash;and no, I have not received any free stamps for including them in this post!)
2. This little book of 100 Quotes by Charles Eames would be at home on any nightstand--especially mine. $25 at Eames Gallery.
3. A miniature Barcelona Chair from Vitra would satisfy (temporarily) my obsession with classic chairs. $430 at Velocity Art and Design.
4. I gave these Wall Mounted Bottle Openers (the 1925 design was included in Phaidon's Design Classics) to the guys in my family a few years ago as stocking stuffers—they loved them! $5 at Design Within Reach.
5. Like the mini Barcelona chair, this Nelson Desk Clock is a bit of a reach in the stocking stuffer department. Still, a girl can dream! $410 at Design Public.
So what do you dream of finding in your stocking this Christmas?