I spend WAY too much time dealing with junk mail. And the clincher (and what kills me most): it's not just our junk mail, it's our home's previous owners' as well. When we lived in NYC, I registered with a "Stop Your Junk Mail" service and it actually worked. Since that was several years ago, I wanted to learn what new services exist, round them up, and share them with you all!Junk mail is easily recycled so it doesn't harm the environment, right? Not so much: More than 100 million trees are destroyed each year to produce junk mail. Yikes! Stop the cycle and sign-up for one or several of the services below!
- 41 Pounds: For $41 opt out of junk mail for 5 years.
- Tonic: (previously Green Dimes) For $10 or $20, depending on the plan, sign-up to eliminate your junk mail.
- DMA Choice: Sign-up to keep direct marketing solicitations out of your mailbox. This organization was founded by the Direct Marketing Association to better connect marketers with customers. This service is for those who want to specify which direct marketing offers they receive.
- Catalog Choice: Control which catalogs, circulars, and other offers you receive or opt out completely. Signing-up and opting-out are free and with a donation, this organization will put you on the "Unlisted" list
- OptOutPrescreen: A free service that allows you to opt out of credit card offers and opt back in when you want.
- Red Dot Campaign: Canadian "No Junk Mail" campaign.
- Stop Junk Mail: UK's campaign to stop junk mail.
Cheers to decluttering your mailbox!