There's a tendency among folks to want to hide not only the stuff we're trying to store, but to minimize the storage itself. Why call attention to the fact that we're not one of those people who can live with only five items total? Well, you probably have the need to store something you don't use every day, and we highly suggest moving away from timid storage and investing in bold, call-attention-to-itself storage!
Scared? Not sure how that will work? Afraid it'll become some sort of focal point in the room, which would be weird for a piece of storage? Don't fret, we've collected a handful of photos from recent Apartment Therapy house tours with (very loose definitions of) red storage. The kind of storage that doesn't meekly hold your wares, but the kind that almost dares guests to dig through your good china and sock drawers. Go ahead, dare yourself to add some red storage to your space.
1) RJ & Francis' LA Arts District Loft
2) Shirry & Boaz's Converted Auto Body Shop
3) Hakarl & Jili Build a Family Home
4) Cheyenne Weaver's Gilded Simplicity
5) Veronica & Keith's Handmade Chic
6) The Roeders' Modern Life is Beautiful
7) Red Fan's Helms House Makeover
8) Wendy's Live-In Speakeasy Salon
(Images: RJ and Francis; Marcia Prentice; Jill Slater; Chris Perez; Carolyn Purnell; Chris Perez; Bristel, Kathleen and Loren; Patrick J. Hamilton)