We have been stuck in the house for a couple of weeks now, while colds and flus run through every member of our small family. Winter packs such a whallop: Stuck inside because of the cold weather first, and now our health too! It's especially trying when my 4 year old daughter tends to behave like she ate a bag of sugar when she has a cold. The crazies come out in full force.
What's a family to do? How about an indoor play fort? We have a couple of options at our house already, but I'd love to try my hand at one of these cool DIY fort and tent ideas. Some are more elaborate than others, but even if you don't want to get out the drill or put a hook in your ceiling, you'll find something that might work for your cabin fever too.
Here are some of my favorite indoor fort ideas:
- Make Your Own A-Frame Tent, from A Beautiful Mess
- Life Size Newspaper Building Blocks, from Modern Parents Messy Kids
- Justina's Valentine's Day Fort, from Design*Sponge
- DIY Cozy Reading Fort, from Small & Friendly
- DIY Fort Kit, The Hohnstreiter Ohana
(Images: as linked above)