Baby Talk had a few pointers worth noting.
3 Things You Need:
• Crib: Best not to use a second hand crib or mattress. If you do, be sure to check safety guidelines.
• 2-3 Sleep Sacks- to be used as an alternative to blankets
• Baby Monitor- here's a good point- if you live in an apartment- do you really need one?
3 Things You Don't Need:
• Quilts, comforters, blankets- not so safe in the crib
• Crib Skirt- besides looking nice, it doesn't do much.
• Bumpers- can be hazardous once baby is able to roll over
Besides the obvious and important safety guidelines, in most cases, what you need and don't need can be different for every family. Anyone have any insights?