"hacking" them. But we've noticed they've become popular material for not only preserving food , but also homemade lighting solutions (a trend our friends over at Re-Nest also noted). From creating your own Sun Jar to hacking a chandelier together, here are some creative reuses of Mason jars as lighting solutions using solar and LED tech to light up our lives.
1. Sun Jars For Your Garden: Sun Jars are beautiful solar-powered lights for your garden. They feel like you've got fireflies caught inside of them. You can use them anywhere.
2. Make Your Own Sun Jar: Creating your own Sun Jars isn't that hard, all you have to do is follow this guide and you'll save yourself a bunch of money.
3. Mason Jar Chandelier: Using a ceiling mounted utensil rack (IKEA Kroken) and the IKEA Hemma cord set, you can hack yourself a beautiful chandelier. The Hemmas need to be screwed into the lids of the Mason jars. Then, they just need to be fastened to the utensil rack with zip ties. (via Re-Nest)
4. Etsy Store Treasure Again Mason Jar Lights: If you don't feel confident enough to assembler your own Sun Jars, then head on over to Treasure Again. This Etsy store has got a few different solar Mason jar lights, as well as whimsical chandeliers.
5. Mason Jar Fixtures: Simply updating your light fixtures with Mason jars is another interesting lighting solution. We prefer using frosted jars, but in a pinch, any will do. (via Re-Nest) (Mason Jar chandelier images: by David Elden)