Living with roommates can run the gamut from pretty awesome to truly awful, depending on how compatible and in sync with one another you are. One sign of a roomie match made in heaven is when you and your roommate(s) not only peacefully coexist, but your combined talent and style makes for a beautiful living space. Here are 10 examples of roommate style done right.
1. Laura & Mallory's Mix of Southern Charm and City Style These two friends turned roommates both grew up in the South and then moved to NY. Their combined style is quirky, colorful and citified.
2. Four Ladies in a Beach House Proof that it’s not impossible to create a cohesive space even when you might have a few too many chefs in the kitchen.
3. Laurel & Margot's Celebration of Craft When two creative professionals move in together, the entire space becomes a great collaboration.
4. 3 Girls & a Pug Share a Lakeview Apartment This space abounds with DIY projects and up-cycled finds, proving it doesn’t take a lot of money to fix up a space when everyone works together.
5. Nick, Mikale and Colin's Magical Forest An eclectic and artistic space reflects the kicked back style of the three musicians occupying it.
6. Jeremy & Ralph's Bachelor Pad A clean lined, masculine space, this bachelor pad steps things up bit.
7. B, Joe & Rachael's Eclectic Split-Level Odd spaces and angles were no deterrent for these three roommates, who fitted their apartment with custom built solutions to make the most of the shared space.
8. Pablo & Rob's Woodsy Wanderlust This light filled space is filled with global finds and an impressively large collection of houseplants.
9. Lanz, Michael and Brent's Evolving History House Three roommates share this space with a storied history, and work to make their own mark on it with a revolving collection of art and hand refinished furnishings.
10. Laura & Megan's Bright Vintage Inspired Apartment This bright and charming space showcases these two ladies' personality, resourcefulness and style.
(Images: as linked above)