Next to Emily's entryway
, a chair and credenza provide plenty of surfaces to drop keys and a bag.
Spare chairs are cheap, ubiquitous, and can serve a few different functions, depending on where you put them to use. If you've got an extra seat but you're not sure how to style it, here are a few ideas from our archives.
An extra chair or two can come in handy in an entryway, next to a credenza in a hallway or living room, or used as a storage surface in an out-of-the-way nook. For a deeper look into each home above, click through the links below.
- Next to Emily's entryway, a chair is a good place to drop keys and a bag.
- In Emily's Shabby Chic home, a bright side chair injects color into the entryway.
- Justin keeps his slippers tucked under a side chair.
- An angular chair is the perfect complement to Shauntelle and Dave's credenza.
- A painting and chair cozy up the corner of Jon and Tyke's home.
- In Jennifer's home, a chair by the window is a nice spot to check out the view.
- Eric and Andrew keep a couple of spare chairs in the living room for extra seating.
- A large lamp creates a cozy nook around a spare chair in Jaclyn & Brian's home.
- Two chairs together look like a purposeful arrangement in Harriet's high-rise.
- Kristi and Pam store their board games on a spare chair tucked into a stair landing.
Photos: Teri Lyn Fisher, Jason Loper, Jill Slater, Abby Cook, Laure Joliet, Kristen Lubbe, Jill Slater, Kristen Lubbe, Bethany Nauert, Kimberly Watson