Q: My girlfriend's birthday is just around the corner and she's hinted several times she wants a new laptop bag to carry around her prized possession, her MacBook Pro. She's mentioned she doesn't want anything overly girlish nor anything too tech-y, but something neutral yet stylish. She said she even want something "masculine". Could you give me some recommendations of fashionable laptop cases?
Sent by Birthday Boyfriend
Editor - B.B. we commend you on your commitment to hunting out a gift your better half will appreciate. Fashion and accessories tends to be a subjective and personal choice, but here are our 10 personal favorite laptop cases that are sophisticated, neutral, yet fashionable enough to catch the eyes of discriminating fashionistas:
• TravelTeq Trash Original: a very expensive splurge, but handmade of vegetable dyed Italian leather.
• Byrd & Belle Grey Wool Felt and Black Leather Case: fits the new 15" unibody Macbook Pros and made in Minneapolis via Etsy.
• Baekgaard 17" Leather Laptop Tote: if you need more room this 17" computer laptop tote offers three pen pockets, one zip and two slip pockets, alongside an exterior slip pocket.
• Cocaine Mule Companion Bags: handsome, reserved canvas bag with beautiful detailing like black acetal buckles and antique nickel zippers.
• Denali Laptop Bag: Nylon bag with a portfolio appearance and shoulder strap and two compartments.
• Rothko Shoulder Bag: Ignore the "paratrooper" name; this shoulder bag is simple
• Kenton Sorenson Leather Laptop Bag: Rugged and clean, looks ready for the city or the countryside.
• Belkin's Messenger Bag: a little more modern and minimal, we love the colourways available from Belkin.
Got a good question you'd like answered? Send your queries and please include a photo or two illustrating your question, and we'll see if the Apartment Therapy Los Angeles team or our readers can help answer your question.