If you are a pet owner than you know that your animal probably feels more at home than you do. One of the best delights of shooting Apartment Therapy House Tours and store profiles is meeting the pets! Whether or not they perch themselves up on tables like statues or burrow at night in your bed — your cat or dog is just as stylish of an accent in your home as any table or vase. 1. Peaches stole my heart during the photoshoot at. She enjoyed playing my trusty assistant.
2. Gracie was very eager to distract me from the bright and colorful details at Emily’s house.
3. Olivia Newton is my kitty and this is her favorite place to cuddle.
4. I took this photo of Rosie showing off her Jonathan Adler blanket while visiting Harriet’s condo.
5. Yancy is the captain of Jeff + Joe’s home, but she’s really a big softy at heart
6. Ivy is one of four puppies that lounge around the Interior Illusions showroom as owner Mike offers up stylish décor.
7. Libby posed perfectly for just one second, as we absorbed the details of Leia + Jesse’s cottage.
8. Jack is one of two cats, that owners Kara + Ken share their sleek modern condo with.
9. Paris with her long feet and big eyes will greet you happily as you walk into the Cisco Home showroom.
10. Bug is another adorable pet, that appropriately posed for nearly every shot, as I shot Evan + Greg’s downtown loft.
When I decorate a home I like to believe each detail has style and purpose. Some of us embrace certain feng shui to guide our home into a balanced blissful environment. In my own experience, having a cat is not only a challenge to taking care of furniture but it has also taught me that no object or place in the apartment is off limits.
Actually, come to think of it, if you do have a cat or dog, then your home’s design is even that much more important. You may wish to have a backyard or a closed off front lawn. You may need to live in a private house versus a close-knit apartment complex. I know that when it’s time to move again, I want to find a place with a porch or balcony so Olivia can have somewhere to catch some sun and to do her people watching.
Question: Are you a pet owner? If so, where is their favorite place in the house?
Images: Bethany Nauert