If you're decorating a studio apartment, there's plenty of design inspiration around the web. But as these eye-catching spaces show, the best ones have something in common — a cohesive vision that makes them look spacious as well as stylish.
Since there isn't much space to work with, every little bit counts. That doesn't mean you have to suppress your style — just that you need to think carefully about best to channel it. For example, if you love color, you can carry one bold color throughout the room in different ways. Whatever your style, what better than a studio to help you distill it into one fantastic space?
• Easy does it in this minimalistic, masculine home. The colors are minimal without being austere. See the full tour at emma'sdesignblogg.
• Blue beams and red doors create an intimate, unified space in New York City. See the full tour at The New York Times.
• Dwell Studio's popular Chinoiserie bedding pairs with modern photography in this bedroom in Marina City. See the full tour at Chicago Home + Garden.
• A carefully considered, layered color scheme looks sophisticated and inviting. See the full tour at Marie Claire Maison.
• This airy Swedish studio is decorated with thoughtful, lovely accent pieces. See the full tour at DigsDigs.
• A clever photo holder is the centerpiece of this traditional studio. See the full tour at House Beautiful.
• A tiny studio is meticulously organized and decorated. See the full tour at Dwell.
• Lavender walls look fresh in a light-filled studio in San Francisco. See the full tour at Design*Sponge.
• Dark hues make a 495 square foot space look both cozy and modern. See the full tour at Dwell.
• Layered textures look sophisticated in a space Nate Berkus designed for his sister. See the full tour at Glamour.
Images: 1. Innerstadsspecialisten 2. Trevor Tondro for The New York Times 3. Andreas Larsson for Chicago Home + Garden 4. Marie Claire Maison 5. DigsDigs 6. Thomas Loof for House Beautiful 7. Grant Delin for Dwell 8. Design*Sponge 9. Per Magnus Persson for Dwell. 10. Paul Costello for Glamour.