I know it seems like a small deal, but when I recently saw a friend's family's toothbrush collection neatly displayed in rows, and then thought of my own pile of kids toothbrushes by the sink, well, I realized it was time. Time to tackle those toothbrushes, and to do so in style.
Besides the mess factor, it's actually important to store toothbrushes carefully: toothbrushes stored well are healthy toothbrushes - they should be kept away from the toilet, rinsed, in a place they can dry, upright and not touching each other.
Here are five options that will do all of the above, and look great (or, be hidden) at the same time:
1. Propoganda's Tooth Toothbrush Holder, from Design Life Shop, comes in white, chrome or gold: $24.95
2. The ultra-luxe version - Kontextur's Viktor toothbrush holders in Zinc with 18K gold, real silver or black nickel: $49.00 for the set of three.
3. This fantastic collection of toothbrushes from Jen at I Heart Organizing is held apart using Duck's Grip-It Grabbers, which you should be able to find at your local hardware store.
4. Hide your toothbrushes away with these ultra-useful space-saving Magnapods - they use magnets to stick onto the back of your bathroom cabinet: $3.99.
5. Trust Muji to find a way to make toothbrush holders that are beautiful, functional and simple all at once. These ceramic toothbrush holders would be better for a grown-up family. They come in four colors from the Muji store: $5.50.
How do you store the family's toothbrush collection?