Q: I just recently purchased a condo and am having trouble decorating and organizing the living room. Most of the furniture was inherited and I'm on a tight budget so I don't really plan on swapping out any of the big pieces of furniture that are already in place. Anyhow...I think most of my issues are due to the combination of: high ceiling (for a condo at least) and living room is also quite long.
I need advice for these general areas:
1. Area in the back across from one side wall and the fireplace. I was planning on buying a chaise sofa for this area but I was unsure of color scheme and positioning and any other accessories I might want to incorporate like a side table or lamp.
2. The sofa side wall and how to decorate it appropriately to fill out the 14ft high walls. How high above the sofa should things be hung?
3. The side wall area next to sofa with cube storage. I'm not sure what to do here to be honest. Add another storage bin or side table and lamp? How tall? If you think I should be hanging things, how high?
4. The side wall to the right of the TV stand. Would it be bad if I just left this area empty? Second thought was of putting some type of console table here. More wall decorations?
Sent by Henry
Editor: Leave your suggestions for Henry in the comments - thanks!
• Got a question? Email yours with pic attachments here (those with pics get answered first)