A classic suit can last a man decades. Choose a similarly classic pattern for an interior and we're willing to bet it will stand the test of time, too:
• 1 The Inspiration.
• 2 Upholster a traditionally-lined piece of furniture in pinstripe for a masculine update.
• 3 Organic Cotton Pinstripe Flannel Duvet Cover from Gaiam, $180 king
• 4 Undercollar pillows by JHill Design are made from leftover felt used for the under-collar lining of tailored suit jackets.
• 5 A sofa upholstered in tweed anchors an otherwise light and airy room.
• 6 A button-close pillow sham in tweed and suede by Simplemente Blanco.
• 7 Berwick Tweed carpet by Karastan.
• 8 From an exhibit of menswear quilts at the New England Quilt Museum, curated by Laura Fisher Quilts of NYC.
• 9 Inglewood pinstripe wallpaper by Osbourne & Little
• 10 Felt-shaded lamps by Tom Dixon
Images: via Life Is Nothing Without Style, House to Home, JHill Design, Gaiam, John Queenan/National Post, Simplemente Blanco, Karastan, Laura Fisher, Osbourne & Little, Tom Dixon
The Inside Man is our guide to interior style for guys. All summer long we'll be sharing inspirations, ideas and projects. Check out our Inside Man page for more details.