While Americans are kicking off summer by BBQing today, the British are preparing to kickoff summer next weekend during the Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebration. Parks throughout England will be filled with revelers setting up picnics in the park. Here is a roundup of the essentials you need for celebrating the Jubilee stateside.
1. Bunting is the quintessential British party decoration. John Lewis £4.50
(For a no-sew DIY tutorial on bunting click here)
2. Carry your drinks in a seagrass picnic carrier from Pottery Barn. $59
3. Stacking Acrylic Wine Glasses make transport a cinch. Crate and Barrel $9.95 for a set of 4
4. Pimms is the summer cocktail of choice for Brits and the Pimms Jug is essential for serving up Pimm's No 1. Pimms $10 for 2
5. A portable BBQ grill from West Elm $29.99
Bottom Row 6. Keep Calm and Carry On cocktail napkins Z Gallerie $5.95 7. Carry your baked goods in a commemorative Diamond Jubilee tin designed by Emma Bridgewater. Joanne Hudson $19.99 8. Reusable cloth napkins on a roll from MyDrap $28 9. Blue and White striped paper straws are festive and biodegradable Amazon $7.38 10. Dress up your party nibbles with jubilee canapé flags from Cath Kidston. $6
Claire is a California native living in London who loves discovering the city with her husband and French bulldog Watson. With a background in photography and interior design, her current creative obsessions include sewing, printmaking, and anything neon.
Read more from Claire »