Inclement weather generally leaves me cranky. But during the last storm, I was cutting through the mall when I walked past a storefront with fresh tulips in a bright yellow wellie. It instantly put a smile on my face and reminded me that April (and March) showers really do bring May flowers. So when the forecast calls for storms ahead, try out a few of these ways to keep that sunny demeanor:
1. Well-worn boots do double duty as a vase for pink blooms. [Gemma Comas via here & here]
2. The latest cover of Fresh Home features another multitasking wellie; this time as a chic umbrella stand.
3. This umbrella pendant lamp spotted over at Ohdeedoh could be in a modern art installation, or over the breakfast table- it's DIY!
4. I'm loving the playful patterns & colors in this print from Etsy seller Laura Amiss.
5. A pillow with a simple fluffy cloud & a few fat raindrops from Etsy seller RevisionDesignAus. Muted & charming.
Images as linked above.