Valentine's Day is the second largest card-sending holiday each year with over 1 billion valentines sent and 36 million heart-shaped boxes sold per year. There are plenty of green Valentine's Day ideas floating around (see some ideas after the jump).
We'll be sure to provide some DIY Valentine's Day ideas for 2010, but for for those of you who want to get a start, here are a couple links from last year:
Some Basic Ideas:
- Consider e-cards instead of a paper card or, at a minimum, give cards made from recycled or tree-free paper.
- Fair trade and/or organic chocolate.
- Choose organic and/or locally grown flowers. See this post for what you should know about flowers before you buy.
- Make a donation to an environmental organization on behalf of the person.
- Schedule an outing to a park, zoo or other natural area.