We talk a lot about making the switch from virgin to recycled for toilet paper, and entirely eliminating paper towels - but what about the other household paper product, facial tissue? Grist recently did a review of recycled tissue products, find out the results, and let us know what you use after the jump.
With many of the recycled paper tissues being either too expensive or too weak, Grist’s tissues recommendation was… cloth handkerchiefs! They found that over time cloth tissues are cheaper, stronger and much softer than the paper alternatives.
Image by sabarah.pilon via Flickr
• Hank&Cheef Handkerchiefs
• Green Idea: Handmade Hanky Storage
• Simple Green: Recycled Toilet Paper
• Green Alternative to Toilet Paper?
• Best Products: Paper Towel Alternative Twist Euro Cloth
• Which is More Green: The Hand Dryer or a Paper Towel?