This is a fun game at any time, but no surprise, it's a game that gets a lot funnier after you have kids. In fact, there's an entire Flickr group dedicated to it, with some hilarious submissions, such as the one above. Which brings me to the question, dear readers: What are you toting around right now? (In the spirit of two-way disclosure, I've photographed the current contents of my own bag after the jump.)
See it and weep. Aside from the usual flotsam and jetsam of life -- pen, receipts, whathaveyou -- most of the contents of my bag are pretty kid-specific:
- My older son had a recent doctor's visit, hence the books and Playmobil guy... and also hence the lab requisition form and the empty, er, sample vials.
- The little orange measuring tape was used on a recent trip to buy winter boots. (I don't know about you, but I'd rather measure at home and take just the tape measure with me to the store than lug an entire child-sized person along.)
- The collapsible shopping bag is a must-have every time I leave the house, even when I'm not planning a trip to the store. It's amazing how often it gets used.
- Other must-haves: a small tissue packet, complete with cover I made using this tutorial, as well as a random handful of takeout napkins for cleaning up surprises that a tissue can't handle.
- There's also a never-used roll of dental floss. I have no idea how that got there, but I'm sure it'll come in handy someday.
If you're wondering about the absence of keys, wallet and phone, I keep all those things in my jacket pocket... which takes me back to my life, pre-kids, when I never needed a bag at all.
So back to my original question: What's in your bag?
Check out the Flickr group What's in Your Bag? for more photos.
Top photo: Flickr member bardgabbard, via Creative Commons