my own bag after the jump.)
See it and weep. Aside from the usual flotsam and jetsam of life -- pen, receipts, whathaveyou -- most of the contents of my bag are pretty kid-specific:
- My older son had a recent doctor's visit, hence the books and Playmobil guy... and also hence the lab requisition form and the empty, er, sample vials.
- The little orange measuring tape was used on a recent trip to buy winter boots. (I don't know about you, but I'd rather measure at home and take just the tape measure with me to the store than lug an entire child-sized person along.)
- The collapsible shopping bag is a must-have every time I leave the house, even when I'm not planning a trip to the store. It's amazing how often it gets used.
- Other must-haves: a small tissue packet, complete with cover I made using this tutorial, as well as a random handful of takeout napkins for cleaning up surprises that a tissue can't handle.
- There's also a never-used roll of dental floss. I have no idea how that got there, but I'm sure it'll come in handy someday.