- Salt Lake City, UT
- Inspiration for my palette:
- The room was looking tired and dingy. I decided that I wanted a crisp and classic look (with a twist). I retiled the fireplace with herringbone Carrara marble tiles and painted it a glossy white. I chose white Billy bookshelves, which we hacked together, as a counterpoint to the unstained woodwork that had previously dominated the room. I painted the walls a light soft grey which contrasts nicely with the dark wood trim. To prevent the room from looking too stark, I've included things with lots of texture from the David Trubridge pendant, the wood logs, the jute covered chair to the sheepskin rug. Gold/brass accents round out the decor. The room does double duty as a library/music room so there's a lot going on in here but fortunately my son chose a drum kit that matches the decor perfectly (copper sparkle).
- Colors used in my room
- Behr Sterling Grey on the walls with accents of white, gold/brass, natural wood and oatmeal.
- Tips for using color successfully
- Go to Pinterest or google images and pin a bunch of different rooms. You should then see a pattern emerge of what style best suits you. Take your inspiration from the palettes that you're drawn too.
- Color in Harmony
Room for Color