If you think that Swedish design begins and ends with IKEA, then you will be pleasantly surprised to learn that there is much more to Swedish interiors.
While we all have our personal favorites from IKEA, you can also incorporate some higher end pieces from Swedish design companies such as Design House Stockholm, Orrefors, and Bemz. And now that H&M Home has landed in the U.S, we can add them into the mix, too.
1. The Family Chair from Design House Stockholm, $650 for 2
2. This Block Lamp brings in the winter light feeling that Northern Scandinavian countries define. Design House Stockholm, $144
3. Form and function come together in style with the Bekvam stool. IKEA, $14.99
4. Keep cozy during cool summers and colder winters with this knit blanket from H&M Home.
5. Copper Candlestick for creating a more intimately lit ambiance in the home, H&M Home.
6. This decanter is part of a special collection from 2010 dedicated to the Swedish Royal Wedding of Princess Victori. Divine Wine Decanter, Orrefors, $200
7. In Sweden the skins of reindeer and sheep are considered a humanely sourced animal pelt, as every part of the animal is used and they are not simply hunted for their fur. Sheepskin Rug, IKEA, $29.99
8. Upgrade your classic IKEA Karlstad sofa with a Bemz Designers Guild loose fit cover in Brera Lino Duck Egg. Bemz, $449
(Images: as linked above)