Our friends Kelly Pryor and Milas Jones at interior design firm Snobby Productions
recently completed a project for a client and sent us along the pictures. The objective was to create the ultimate swinging bachelor pad for a young doctor about town. The result, with its dark grey walls and bright splashes of colour is a man cave that's perfect for hanging out with the guys, watching sports, playing videogames or, even, entertaining (Note that the first 3 pix are the befores)...
- Photo 1 - entryway before
- Photo 2 - dining area before
- Photo 3- living area before
- Photo 4 - sitting area
- Photo 5 - sitting area with view into dining area
- Photo 6 - a tv and a fireplace aka all a man needs
- Photo 7 - lighting creates a mood at night
- Photo 8 - from the entrance
The idea was to shake up a very conservative, clean cut, organized bachelor's idea of modern contemporary, moving away from the obvious choices, like a shag rug that would've matched the curtains and into the danger zone: the animal skin rug that is a tongue in cheek nod to the classic notion of the swinging bachelor pad. Splashes of accent colour, like the bright orange lounge chair and ottoman liven up the room, giving it a lively happy sense of humour. Think about this when you're decorating your own home and move past the obvious, safe and boring choices. Stepping outside your comfort zone can be the key to a home that is "Ah" instead of "blah".
- Tiles: from House Depo in Van Nuys.
- Paint: “Muslin” Dunn Edwards for living room; “Dangerous Robot”, also from Dunn Edwards, for the kitchen.
- Cowhide Rug: Ikea
- Furniture: Blueprint