Great news for brides (and grooms) on a budget: Off price retailer T.J. Maxx recently launched an online wedding shop to help you save big on everything for the big day.
If you're a regular shopper at T.J. Maxx (a Maxxinista, as they're oft referred to), then you'll be thrilled with the store's latest foray into the (albeit crowded) wedding market. But, "bargain" and "bride" are not words that you often see together, so any addition to that category should surely be appreciated.
The store's website (rest assured, it's organized like a normal online retail experience, and not like The Onion's hilarious parody from last week) has a newly added section devoted to weddings, including gowns, bridesmaids' dresses, mother of the bride attire, and accessories, like jewelry, shoes, and handbags. Prices are about 50 to 60 percent off the full retail price, and currently range from $40 to $1000 for wedding gowns.
There's also a section for wedding gifts and decor—though the store does not currently have a registry option. The category has small kitchen appliances, wall decor, wine glasses, and serveware, as well as items for the DIY bride, like chalkboards, table number holders, and even chafing dishes.
More budget friendly wedding tips
- 5 Budget-Boosting Ideas to Steal From 5 $5,000 Weddings
- How These 10 Beautiful Weddings Came in Under $10,000
- I Did My Own Wedding Flowers for $500 Without a Meltdown, Here's How
- Apartment Therapy Readers' Best Advice for Throwing a Wedding on a Budget
- Can You Guess the Five Least (and Most) Expensive Places to Get Married?
- 5 Things Every Couple Forgets to Factor Into Their Wedding Budget