Wow! Talk about a nostalgia overload. We recently spotted these great images of Tabitha's bedroom, from the TV show "Bewitched", over at Hooked on Houses and are not only remembering our own childhood but are also impressed by how many of these nursery ideas are still in use today. Let's have a look!
With an ad man for a father and a clever, stylish witch for a mother, Tabitha's room was sure to be filled with graphic elements and plenty of playful, cute touches.
• The tone for the nursery was set with some bold -- yet fun -- wallpaper. For something similar, we recommend Portobello by Rapture & Wright, Haron Island by Chichi Nommo or Butterfly Jubilee by Mod Green Pod.
• A great mobile adds both visual stimulation for your child and motion to the room. We love the circus-themed mobile by Katie Steuernagle of Matsutake.
• Not quite satisfied with the look of a piece of furniture in your child's nursery? Make it more your own with some DIY touches. Here Samantha adds a colorful horse to the crib's foot board. Ohdeedoh readers have often times made furniture, with everything from an Kura loft bed hack to a gorgeous wallpapered dresser, more their own with great results.
• We love the contrast of the wallpaper with the toile curtains. Mixing and matching different patterns, in the same color scheme, works in Tabitha's room. The window seat is also a classic that still goes on, as seen in Maddie's bedroom and Sophie's Restyled Room.
• And Samantha ties together the entire look by selecting frames, dressers, a crib and shelving in the same wood.