Around my house, we tend to keep summer parties simple, usually planning the menu while at the farmer’s market and eating outside on melamine plates. As soon as the air chills and the days grow shorter, however, I start pouring through my cookbooks and planning dinner parties with all the works. One of my favorite parts of these parties is setting the table — while summer entertaining is a blast, I think fall begs for a cozy, beautifully-set table to linger over with friends and family. Here's a roundup of some of the best table linens I've seen this fall — all classic enough to be used for years to come.
1. Unison Larch Blackberry table linens, $28-$56 (normally $49-$89) at Unica Home.
2. EAT table runner by EmersonMade, $48.50-$88, depending on length.
3. Suzani table runner, $25 at World Market.
4. Amenity handwoven wool runner, $99 at Velocity Art and Design.
5. Madeline Weinrib Chevron napkins, $24 a pair at Lotus Bleu.
6. Margot table runner by Danica Studio, $43 at Cherry & East.
7. Midgard table runner (pattern is at both ends), $34 at Fjorn Scandinavian.
8. Monogrammed linen table runner, $32 at Betsy Grace on Etsy.
9. Marimekko Lumimarja linens, $8-$109 at Crate and Barrel.
10. Aviary table runner by Danica Studio, $43 at Cherry & East.