This is our busy time of year, when things start to get a little crazy and we're pulled between friends, family, work, holidays...etc. In the middle of it all, we try to carve out some time alone. Lately we've been fantasizing about a reading nook. We found a great set of step-by-step instructions for creating one on Wiki How. Click here for tips.Some of our favorite ideas:
• Find a spot in an alcove, corner, or even a closet.
• Rearrange furniture to open up a small space for your nook.
• Choose a comfy chair.
• Stock a side table with a notepad and pens.
• Make space for a glass of water or mug of tea.
• Make sure you have adequate reading light.
• Use a table lamp, floor lamp, or sconce.
• Place your nook by a window for daytime reading.
• Make it cozy with a blanket and throw pillow.
• Screen your reading nook from the rest of the room.
• Keep the nook apart from a central furniture arrangement.
• Hang a curtain or use a folding screen to partition the space.